GeForceFX 5200 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
what are good overclocking settings for my GeForceFX 5200? i've never overclocked before. i'm nervous about damaging the card but, since the card is a piece of junk anyways, i'm willing to consider overclocking. i'm just not sure what to overclock it to without damaging it. any help would be great.

system temps are:
CPU temp = 34 C/93 F
Motherboard temp = 32 C/89 F

and yes, i do want to overclock it. you think i don't know it's a horrible card? no, i do know it is. It's the worst video card i ever had. my MX400 performs about the same as it does and that thing is old and not too powerful. but i still want to overclock it and get the best that i can out of it. any good settings that work without damaging it?

ohGrFreak said:
i wouldn't think about overclocking a 5200, it's just that crappy of a card, i know, i own one.

If its crappy, then it is obviously in need of overclocking. The only limitations you might have are cooling, locked out BIOS, or frail build quality. If you have a decent card and good cooling then overclocking is possible to the cards limits, jsut cuz' it's a low end card doesn't mean its gonna suck overclockign wise...and who knows maybe you'll get a big performance boost. MX-440 64MB card i used to have "sucked"...but it went to 350 core 500 memory and wasn't even topped out. Only reason i ditched it is cuz it has pixel shader 1.1 and i needed 2.0+ to run Thief 3. It was LOADS faster than my 9200 with it's locked BIOS:(

still that doesn't answer my question. what should i change the settings to? i don't want to ruin it. i'm using riva tuner by the way. i don't have to mess with the bios.

bobafett573 said:
still that doesn't answer my question. what should i change the settings to? i don't want to ruin it. i'm using riva tuner by the way. i don't have to mess with the bios.

theres more than 1 BIOS in your computer. your GFX card runs on its own BIOS configuration...if it's locked you cant overclock at all unless you flash it to a different one. if you knwo its unlocked...then i would go in 10MHz increments and check for stability and overheating after every bum p upwards. run a game and see if u get pixels or anything weird after overclocking...once you got no distortion problems run it for a good 2+hrs. and make sure it doesnt overheat.

bobafett573 said:
how can i keep my video card cool?

slap an 80mm on it if you're ghetto:) But you na get a better cooler for it pretty cheap with a better fan and solid copper base/huge aluminum base. just make sure it fits on there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom