gaming notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i know, but still I need a laptop because Im out of my house a lot and Im sorry for getting a bit ... but anyways. I heard that centrinos like a 1.6 will outperform a 2.4 P4 so I just want the best with what i have to spend

Yep, I'm pretty sure that Centrino's are, like AMDs, clocked lower, but perform just as well as their higher clocked competetion. This is probably for cooling and battery life purposes.

Once again though, I own an AMD 64 3000+, and it has superb battery life and easily rivals my Pentium 4 3.0Ghz desktop.

I'd still say that the 64s are the better choice, since AMD is known to outperform all Pentium 4s in the gaming world, and I'm pretty sure if they can beat a P4, they can beat any other Intel proccesor out right now.

I have another question just for u gaara. If you hate laptops how would you know how much battery life an AMD 64 3000+ would have. If you do own a laptop then how come you hate them so much. you just seem totaly against the idea of a portable computer.

i think a good decent priced gaming laptop is the toshiba M35-S456. it has all the needs for a gaming laptop
15.4 TFT active matrix( its one of those bright screens and they kick ass especially for gaming)
Intel Pentium M 735 1.7ghz
512mb
80gb harddrive 4200rpm
DVD+-RW
64mb Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200

the screen is one of the best things i liked most about this computer. Once you start using this screen its irritating to go back to a normal screen. Alienware does not provice these kind of screens so i dont really like their laptops.

If you dont mind spending some cash for a good gaming laptop
id suggest prostar 9095,4764 or 4754 priced most expensive to least. be warned they start at around $1775 to $3895 and they are customizable if u dont like the specs.
www.pro-star.com

I have another question just for u gaara. If you hate laptops how would you know how much battery life an AMD 64 3000+ would have. If you do own a laptop then how come you hate them so much. you just seem totaly against the idea of a portable computer.
I have never stated that I hate laptops, I do however consider it rather foolish to want to purchase a laptop for applications that demand industry leading technology. There's a difference mate. ;)

I own two laptops actually, the 3000+ which is like brand new, and a really old celeron at 366mhz. I like laptops because I can multitask with both a desktop and laptop, I use them for transferring and storing files, portable DVD/Media players, and I use them for presentations at school. Plus nothing beats sitting outside on a nice summer day rather than being jammed into a room.

The idea of a computer which I can carry around with me is an excellent resource and I appreciate it, although I have never intended to play any games on them, that is for my desktops to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom