AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys where exactly would i find this mod? THose MP processors are a Byatch to find and if i could mod my dads instead than he would be happy and prolly buy me something HAHAA:p

thing is... everyone says AMD for Gaming, Intel for Apps.... I switched from Intel to AMD about 5 years ago and havent looked back since, I do a lot of programming (web based Html, css (use notepad (no real processing power needed) and Visual Studio .Net) and I also do a hell of a lot of Graphics work using Photoshop CS and PSP 9.0 (all of this using an AMD Athlon XP1900+) without any problems... I have now just purchased an Athlon 64, compatible mobo and gfx card... I do not have to have the best system avail... so have gone for a 3200+ 64 and a 6600GT gfx card... and considering the only thing my current system has a problem with is games, I know I will be fine with my new set up... the fact that people say Intel are better at apps is irrelevant... as they run on even old systems (like mine)... so IMO go for a cheaper AMD system and you shall no probs with games or apps!!!

you cannot say that "Intel CPU's overclock better" or that "AMD CPU's overclock better"
Intel and AMD have made many different CPU's, some overclock well and some don't. it depends on the CPU itself, not the name of the manufacturer

its like i said earlyer. Its just really personal preference. GO w/ what name appeals to you and buy it, its as simple as that!
BTW i need to do it to a 2500+ barton. Will it work on that? i already printed out that site earlyer today. And where can i get that stuff you got here in the us?

hygor said:
thing is... everyone says AMD for Gaming, Intel for Apps.... I switched from Intel to AMD about 5 years ago and havent looked back since, I do a lot of programming (web based Html, css (use notepad (no real processing power needed) and Visual Studio .Net) and I also do a hell of a lot of Graphics work using Photoshop CS and PSP 9.0 (all of this using an AMD Athlon XP1900+) without any problems... I have now just purchased an Athlon 64, compatible mobo and gfx card... I do not have to have the best system avail... so have gone for a 3200+ 64 and a 6600GT gfx card... and considering the only thing my current system has a problem with is games, I know I will be fine with my new set up... the fact that people say Intel are better at apps is irrelevant... as they run on even old systems (like mine)... so IMO go for a cheaper AMD system and you shall no probs with games or apps!!!

I agree 100%!!!! I do a h*!! a lot of 3D work in MAYA and a h*!! a lot of photo editing in photoshop cs, i can stitch like 10 5-MP images, hey that is like 50 megapixels. I had no problems with either 2d or 3d, and dude, I have a 9600SE and you can't say that does the trick cuz it doesn't. When you say intel is better for APPS, that is 100% opinion and unfortunatelly you are wrong. Plus, what is the difference when the processor processes games or apps. It is still numbers and that is all, so for the CPU is the same thing. SO GET AN AMD DANG IT!!!!!!:mad: :p :p ;) :D

pc_boy said:
I agree 100%!!!! I do a h*!! a lot of 3D work in MAYA and a h*!! a lot of photo editing in photoshop cs, i can stitch like 10 5-MP images, hey that is like 50 megapixels. I had no problems with either 2d or 3d, and dude, I have a 9600SE and you can't say that does the trick cuz it doesn't. When you say intel is better for APPS, that is 100% opinion and unfortunatelly you are wrong. Plus, what is the difference when the processor processes games or apps. It is still numbers and that is all, so for the CPU is the same thing. SO GET AN AMD DANG IT!!!!!!:mad: :p :p ;) :D

It's not quite that simple. Run a simple Sandra Multi-Media Benchmark and you will see the "same" rated Intel chip will beat your AMD chip point wise (even overclocked your AMD has alot of catching up to do.)

What you are saying is in "real world" applications your AMD runs fast enough for you and gets the job done, and that's all you want, I agree 100%. No Intel system is going to give me "better" performance for what i need, because my AMD does all i want and more. But if you raise your epxectations alot, or become a benchmark enthuisiast, Intel is really the only way to go when using multi-media apps.

Same thing but backwards for gaming, You will see that the "same" rated AMD chip does better in gaming apps than it's Intel chip competition. Overclocking will easily match the 2, but if you are on Intel and only worried about "real world" performance and not points in a benchmark, then your Intel will run just fine.

People are just too picky...you cant say one is really better than the other (with "matched" processors) without being completely biased.

My pc froze when I finished typing this the first time so here it goes again! I used to have a P4 2.8GHz 800fsb with a D865PERL mobo and it kicks my athlon 2500+'s butt! I sold my p4 and bought the athlon cause I thought the 2.8GHz was overkill and used the extra money to buy a new case and better peripherals. My new system is much quiter and much easier to work with also! It just doesn't have the power my 2.8 did particularly when working with files and multitasking. Games are the most important to me and I was very glad to find there wasn't much of a difference in performance during gameplay. Im pretty happy with my athlon xp barton and hope to overclock it to atleast 3200+ speeds! I still miss my P4 though I'm tellin ya buy an athlon instead and double up on memory!

I just bought this off of eBay!

Radeon 9800pro 128mb/256bit (r360 core?) = $175.00

and

ABIT NF7-S v2.0 with all accessories = $64.00

lol i wonder if the people who make the amd and pentium chips argue like this i can just imagine them phoning each other up saying our chips are better than yours and vice versa lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom