Cpu temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

180Mhz

In Runtime
hi, i have no issue at the moment, but im just curious, what is considered a load to test cpu temps under, all i have been doing with my pc is watching videos, i havent gotten around to installing icewind dale (since i just built my system), so i am wondering what a decent load is, right now i get 47*C idle
for my cpu (Sempron 2500+) and 27*C case temp at idle. i have read that the max temp for the sempron 2500+ is 90*C confirm?

im just wondering if 47*C is a bit high for an idle temp.

im using an ultra heatsink and fan for the cooler its a dual material heatsink copper base and aluminum fins, and a high airflow oversized fan (at least i think it is) and i am using arctic silver 5 thermal compound.

in a short while im going to add a ducting system to my cpu fan to bring in cooler outside air directly onto the heatsink

It's not too high. I would not recommend overclocking eith that temp though. Be thankful for that temp. I used to run at 60 degrees celcius AT IDLE :(

-Dan The Man

can you damage the PC by it running to COLD a core temp?

oh and while im on the topic....is 104 oF a good temp? too high?

whats the average temp?

47C is ok... but if it gets hotter than that on idle, I don't think its a good thing. If you want to overclock you should just buy a small fan and point it at your comp. Or spend a lot of money on a sink and all that crap.... I'd prefer the cheap fan solution.

I doubt you can damage a CPU from it being too cold, unless you get condensation of water from the atmosphere

the Vapochill coolers can get a CPU to -30 degrees celcius (yes that's negative 30) and it doesn't do any damage; in fact it runs much better

Nah you can't damage the componants with cold. But 47 seems a very high idle temp.

I run a P4 idle at 22 and loaded at 40something.

If I were you i would invest in some cooling stuff. Zalman heatsinks are good - assuming you don't worry about 1kg of coppy on your mobo.

My pc is in a hot room (see my other posts regarding temps and heatsinks). I recently built a shelf/cabinet hybrid from lumber and am now faced with the problem of ventilation. Instead of spending tons on more fans, i'm going to add a watercool system to my cpu (for the main computer in the cabinet - it holds 4) and i'm going to purchase a small room airconditioner for about 100 dollars. I plan to duct the airflow into the area that holds the computer towers to decrease the temp, and thereby decrease my cpu temps.

I have tried the "desktop fan pointed toward the pc" thing for a while now. In fact at one point i had 3 different fans pointed at it with the side of the case detached. It helps a little, but its just not enough. I'm going the way of the custom airconditioner unit and i think it'll give me the results i want. ;)

Ares said:
My pc is in a hot room (see my other posts regarding temps and heatsinks). I recently built a shelf/cabinet hybrid from lumber and am now faced with the problem of ventilation. Instead of spending tons on more fans, i'm going to add a watercool system to my cpu (for the main computer in the cabinet - it holds 4) and i'm going to purchase a small room airconditioner for about 100 dollars. I plan to duct the airflow into the area that holds the computer towers to decrease the temp, and thereby decrease my cpu temps.

I have tried the "desktop fan pointed toward the pc" thing for a while now. In fact at one point i had 3 different fans pointed at it with the side of the case detached. It helps a little, but its just not enough. I'm going the way of the custom airconditioner unit and i think it'll give me the results i want. ;)

careful not to use condensers in your computer or you will get moisture buildup, and may damage your cpu, mobo, or other hardware. also if you are going total custom and building your own waterblocks as i did etc. make sure you run them through vigorous testing cycles to make sure its not going to spring a leak on you. also be sure not to use two different metals in your cycle or non distilled water otherwise the waterblocks and rads will corrode leaving with you with bad cooling, possible overheating and even worse the possability of leaks. i had a few good websites on water cooling, lots of cool custom jobs. ill post back with the urls later.

Any links you may have would be greatly appreciated, not just by myself but by the many others here who haven't ventured into the "waterworld" yet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom