advice for new cpu heatsink/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwatc75

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a Intel P4 3.2E Prescott socket 478. I am currently using the stock heatsink and fan that it came with.

I wanted it to run cooler then the 70 Celcius it is running at and am looking for recommencations on a good combination for a heatsink/fan for this CPU. LIke good brand name and thermal paste or gel? Any ideas?

Thanks

I think its about 0„5 100 or so.

But lets face it if you were going to buy that you'd need the case to go with it, theres another 0„5 100.

Its still cool though. I helped a friend install one. And its damn nice, really well made and everything. I planning to get one myself when i buy a new case. Which will probably be a Coolermaster aswell.

I like the way it fits into the drive bays but you would need a cade without a door and i don't like those. Are there any good CPU cooling kits under £100, it's a lot of money.

Btw, what is 0,,5 ?

Liquid cooling is always expensive, but its very effective.

I haven't seen much for under 0„5 100 (wierd how you have to put a space between the 0„5 and the 100 or you get a 0„5100 )

There are some really nice cases without doors out there though. I've got a door atm but im thinking of changing it soon. Its starting to tick me off.

What cases are they, and i still don't get the 0,,5 thing ? Is it supposed to be a pound sound or something ?

No idea, my pund signs are appearing as pounds, appart from some which appear as question marks in boxes.

Any coolermaster case is nice, there is the Aluminium Antec Case (got that for the g/f) thats a nice case. There are loads of nice cases available.

And then theres this mother from Zalman,

Zalmans TNN 500A

What do you mean? A different place?

Have you seen the Zalman cooling tower. Blue Aluminim tower with cooling fins. Thats an interesting cooling toy. Can't be bothered finding it for a link though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom