OS problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh

Solid State Member
i clean installed my computer. i did the partition all over again and formatted everything and installed win 2000 AGAIN for the 100th time. now i have 2 problems.
1). everytime my computer starts up, it shows that there is inconsistency in the disk and asks to do a check. it says one of my hard drives is FAT 32 and asks for a disk check. i dont know how to fix this at all. i tried and now all i can think of is getting a new hard drive.
2). somehow while installing the OS, i think i made a mistake coz it shows 2 OS to load. one is the win 2000 and the other is an unidentifiable OS. is there any way that i can remove that unidentifiable OS from my system ? i just need one OS !!!

sorry for the trouble but i am desperate guys.
ty for any advises !!

how many partitions do you have on it?

My suggestion if you want to start completely from scratch would be to delete all partitions, repartion it again, use an OS like linux to rewrite over everything to fix any errors you might have (different filing system, multiple partitions), then repartion back to one drive and reformat one final time and put Win2K back on it

Ice

well the problem about two OS is solved now thanks to devlish96... the other problem.. cant be thinking about it right nwo.. m off to sleep. ty guys...

if you want to install from scratch just reformat the whole drive to one file system - I think it can be done with the Win2k setup CD, otherwise use something like Partition Magic - then install Win2k again, just make sure you have the right Drivers first as the system can always be picky with Drivers

hey i just noticed this is my 400'th post - yay

RE: OS Installation

Make it easy on yourself. I have multiple PCs (and kids) in my home, so I have had to reinstall Windows many, many times.

If you buy a good boot disk: http://xtcboot.prismax.net

you will get step-by-step instructions on doing a clean install of any Windows OS. Very simple, almost foolproof.

I did it first try and believe me I'm no technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom