Wireless Keyboard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooney

Solid State Member
I received a Logitech LX 500 Wireless Desktop for christmas, and I have been using it and testing it out, and I was wondering if it was worthwhile to have it. I play a fair amount of FPSs and it didn't seem to lag much at all the few times i tested it (it was a late x-mas for me)

on a side note, what's the range/orientation on the receiver? i currently have mine taped to the wall under my desk, but how serious can the interference from my monitor be? (I have a 17" Samsung Syncmaster flat panel)

any horror stories?

Well believe it or not, my wireless keyboard is undetectable in certain parts of DOS. However my PS/2 keyboard is. Things happen like that, its best to have both.

algu7344 said:
Well believe it or not, my wireless keyboard is undetectable in certain parts of DOS. However my PS/2 keyboard is. Things happen like that, its best to have both.

If you buy a USB to PS2 adaptor you that might solve your problem with DOS. I want to buy a wireless keyboard but I cant find any that arent bundled with a mouse cos i already have a wireless mouse.

willsko87 said:
If you buy a USB to PS2 adaptor you that might solve your problem with DOS. I want to buy a wireless keyboard but I cant find any that arent bundled with a mouse cos i already have a wireless mouse.

Oh I am aware of that, but it just doesnt really bother me that much. I switch between my two keyboards frequently (i.e gaming keyboard and my standard wireless.) Did you check newegg.com for your wireless keyboard?

what horror stories have you heard

i have got a wireless mouse keyboard combination. will this create problems with my samsung 193P TFT screen?

Yes you can play, and the lag won't make much of a difference however the batteries may run out on you during a game!

Use rechargebale batteries, not any of that stupid big lots crap. Use good quality batteries and you will be fine.

I had some good quality rechargeables but over time they become worse, so you'll need to buy some more in the future. Even so, they are a lot better than normal batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom