Something's Got To Be Done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal though it that this place is doing a great job. The majority of registered users are people coming here looking for help. They don't know much about computers, or they have a specific problem. That's where the returning members come in. The majority of people who visit here often know about some certain field of computing or many and can help the others out.

Personally, I'd get a bit preterbed if all the members were around just posting nonsense everywhere. I like TF the way it is :D

Sorry to hear about the misunderstanding Red Fox, some times things get overlooked or looked at in the wrong light, both by mods and by members. Try not to let it get to ya.

Red Fox said:
I think there are a lot of reasons why people don't hang around on forums. One reason is, they have a life. Sad, but true
~ Fawks

:angry: :D :p .....lol

You need to offer people something that other forums do not have.....what i here you ask.......well i aint got a clue and it is for all you lot to decide cos i am ill and can't be asked to get off my boney backside and do something about it so i am just going to curl up in my nice soft bed and go to sleep and dream about tech-forums and nice women so...........yes....sleep now.

Find me a forum that doesn't have that happen to them. Most forums that have over 1000 members have the same situation. Period. That's just the way these things tend to work. And we have a fairly large amount of regulars, and there always are new members who do stay and become regulars here. The forum has a nice steady pace, and compared to when I joined almost two years ago it's grown tremendously.

Things are just fine. :)

Red Fox said:

The topper though, was comming in the other day, reading another post that had questionable language. Not masked at all .. and to which a moderator had replied, and mentioned nothing about editing the post, nor did he edit it himself, as they seem to do with most others. That left me thinking as to why mine was treated the way it was.

Red Fox can you please give me the link or details of which post you were talking about? There is a lot of traffic on Tech-Forums and sometimes threads get overlooked or a moderator doesn't know how to handle certain issues. Under each person's post is a "report this post" link that you can use to notify mods & admins about problem posts.

Their is also a chain of command at this forum. Moderators can only edit in forums they have access to while a super mod or administrator have more access to edit a post in all forums. I'm sorry that you feel you're being picked on personally. FYI in that thread where I issued you a warning, I also sent warnings to other member's for hijacking your thread by trying to change the topic. So you see, I pick on everybody equally.

Re: Re: Something's Got To Be Done...

TheMajor said:
Tell them to install Internet Explorer Extreme Edition with Download Accelerator + and KaZaA 3.0 and they will be back!!!! :D

HAHAHAHHAH THAT IS PRICELESS!

thanks everyone for the comments/thoughts...

my .02

can't make everyone happy--- I try :)
uhm... Did I say you can't make everyone happy all the time.

server issues --- working on them.

soon, people will have a GREAT reason to join and stay and be part of the 'regulars'

please, if anyone has a problem, email the mods, supermods, or admins---- I'm 100% we all our logical/fair people --- but somethings things are not presented correctly or seen correctly--- tends to happen on big forums.

I know things can always be better and we mods try to do whats best for the majority of the TF family!!!

so remember we are here to help
:)

Red Fox, the factor of people having a life has nothing to do with comeing to TF. Its about what you prefer doing with your time. That was sort of off the principle. Just because your online does'ent mean your doing something out side of life. Its about how can we grab peoples attention more and make them feel comfortable and interested. I only had a few problems coming to this site. But i wouldent label it under a problem.

I do agree, that people dont often stay around for very long. In fact if you look at the members list, their are tons of members that came and left for good. Their are plunty of subjects to talk about. Anything computer related or gaming in general.

The only real thing thats left is chatrooms. But that might kill the forums.

Larry said:
so remember we are here to help
:)

Lately it doe's not look like that,It seem's now to get 1 good answer you have to put up with 20 sarcastict post's,And if you don't use the same hardware or software as everyone else you get the cold shoulder and stupid remark's when you ask a question about it,There used to be ton's of people trying to help but now it's about 10 to 20 member's that actually do give help :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom