Sorry bout earlier post....but need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey99

Baseband Member
I posted a while ago and something went wrong and my thread didn't get out...but yeah i'm building a gaming pc at a budget (1300 US dollars) i did some research and this is wut i came up with,please give me opinions:

Antec Performance Plus II Case
Aspire 530watt PSU
Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000
XMS Corsair 768MB RAM(1x512;1x256)
Western Digital 80GB Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB
Sound Audigy 2 ZS
Pioneer CD-R CD-RW/DVD-R DVD-RW Drive
Samsung 1.44 Floppy Disk Drive

if your gonna get the 256... see if you can sqeeze out a LITTLe bit more cash and get the 512 mb RAM instead... that way you have 1 gig and everything like dual channel and such will run fine

Dude for $1,300 I could build a way better computer. First of all make sure not to skimp on these items:

Motherboard
Processor
Ram
Video Card

Put that stuff first, everything else is secondary. I'd cut back on that sound card and get a way better video card. A 6600 or 6800 could easily fit you budget. Second, I'd straight up get 1 gig of Ram.

Are you buying a monitor and some speakers or are you just getting the main computer?

i'm going to use my old crt monitor,keyboard,mouse, i also have my wireless pci card for internet...and plus the ram is not cheap ecspicially when its the corsair xms series...i dont know to much about sound cards so give me ur idea

also i'm not planning on oc'ing the cpu since i dont know how...but the 3000 should work fine anyways rite?

try to drop the extra 256 and make a dual channel config, also try to get at least a 9800pro or 9800xt, the Xt is a great card.

I would go for socket 939 if i can
Athlon 64 3000+ winchester socket 939
Abit AV8 3rd eye

and for RAM, I would suggest against Corsair RAM; I like Corsair RAM, but it is way too expensive, and offers only slight performance increase over other PC3200 RAM
Kingmax has much better RAM for the money; 2x512MB PC3700 is cheaper and performs better than Corsair's XMS
Kingmax make pretty good quality RAM too

the Radeon 9600 XT is a descent card; what are you intending to do with this computer?
if it's gaming, I would suggest something a little higher end, at least a Radeon 9800 Pro, and up to a Geforce 6800 GT
the Geforce 6600 (not 6800) GT is a really good card for the money

I would suggest against the Audigy 2 unless you're doing music mixing and stuff; the Audigy 1 LS or even the onboard sound with the AV8 3rd eye is much better value

and I would suggest an Antec PSU also, they are very good quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom