Laptop Wont Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceware

In Runtime
Hi

My Toshiba Satellite 1400 wont boot. The power led doesn't even light up when the A/C adapter is pluged in. I've tried removing the battery but still nothing. I've also checked the ram and the hard drive and their working fine. Any suggestions would be great. I had an idea that it could be the CMOS battery but I can't seem to find it. Would anybody know where it's located?

Thankyou in advance for your time.

under the laptop(bottom part) one of the panels. The battery is circular like a watch battery

Thanks for the suggestion Amd64Boy. I tried what you suggested but I could'nt find the CMOS battery in the area you said it would be. So I had a look at Toshiba's website and they said that the CMOS battery could'nt be replaced. Instead you had to recharge it but in order to recharge it you had to have the laptop actually turned on. I can't even get it to turn on. None of the led's light up either. Not the power led nothing.

Toshiba also said that the ram may cause the system to not boot if it was not installed properly or if it was faulty. So I tested the ram in my Compaq laptop and it worked. I even installed new memmory but still the same problem. So it's definately not the ram.

I know the power cord works because the transformer heats up when pluged into the wall and the laptop heats up where the A/C adapter plugs in.

I even tested the hard drive and it's working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom