Building M7NCD Biostar - problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the RAM from compgeeks.com... its Elixir, 512mb pc3200, 1 stick

yeah, i've taken everything out and reseated everything piece by piece
I've tried a diff psu, a diff. agp vid card, and diff ram (but that was with the Biostar mobo)...

I tried my cpu in another board and it didn't do anything (no monitor display...same symptoms) Thats why I think its my CPU.
That and the code the mobo is giving me is a "CPU Core Voltage" error.

A RAM problem could cause no display? It doesn't even get to the CPU part of POST (when I press keys on the keyboard theres no beeps or anything)

yeah. when there is no ram the system wont boot. that ram sounds kinda fishy. never heard of it. the cpu vcore voltage would be that the cpu is bad it means that whatever is giving it the power is bad. Have you tried another motherboard? it might be that your parts are just incompatible with the motherboard.

Originally I was using a Biostar M7NCD board, which came with the CPU as a bundle -- so it was supposed to be compatible. It did the same thing its doing now (no display..etc).
I borrowed some RAM my friend had and put it on the Biostar to see, though I didn't actually look at what brand my friend had... and the system still didn't do anything.

I replaced the motherboard with an ABIT AN7 thinking the motherboard was messed up since it wasn't working with my friends RAM or the Elixir ram I bought.
But... still having the same problem.

Would RAM cause a Cpu core voltage error?

sometimes those little troubleshooter things you plug into your computer dont tell everything that is happening. one thing that goes wrong could make the computer not boot. if i were you i would get my money back and spring for another motherboard, CPU, RAM, and video card.

Oh man. this sucks lol
The place I ordered the Biostar board + CPU from won't take the stuff back because 30 days have passed... there goes 200$....

I think i'll change the RAM out for maybe a pc2700 Kingston brand or something.... i'll go to BestBuy or CompUSA this weekend, I guess.

and if that doesn't work....I guess i'll buy a new CPU... and if still nothing, a PSU... then i'll shoot myself for not buying a new PC instead. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom