CPU, RAM, and PSU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always get the retail processor. At the very least this assures you a 3 year manufacturer warrenty and spending that much on a CPU it's definitely worth doing that.

The timings on the 2gb of RAM are value-RAM timings, and honestly I don't know if you really would need 2gb of memory unless you just really want to, but for money and practicality issues I'd say simply go with the 1gb faster series.

The PSU's....well they are monsterous. The thermaltake one has +12v-15a and then +12v2 - 15a or something like that. I've never seen a PSU that has more than one set of +12v rails so I dont know if you're supposed to add those up or what..

Other than that they all have a lot more power and strength per rail than you'd probably ever need even with the system you have planned, but still better safe than sorry I suppose.

Man i cant believe you can even offered hardware like that. I cant even imagine the results of a system that great. You will be able to run the most modern computer applications and games for 10 years without a upgrade. Man those power supply's are fukking expensive!

You should get the new radeon sapphire 850 XT when it comes out.. Thats a INSANE card. It will fit in perfect with your system.

Codeine said:
You should get the new radeon sapphire 850 XT when it comes out.. Thats a INSANE card. It will fit in perfect with your system.

Actaully, I would be getting ATI video cards if they where SLI compatable, but I'm getting TWO 6800 GT's... In SLI...
Yan

Gd.... what on earth do you do on your computer? That's one sick set up though... never seen a comp set up that sick. And you still have 6 grand to spend... I wish I had 6 grand.

I Have NOT bought it yet... the 6 grand is waiting to be spent, but I am still not sure to buy now or not.
yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom