Just called microsoft, guess what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Baseband Member
Just called microsoft and they told me that you can only install Windows XP on one computer even if its for home use. I have heard everywhere that they will issue you a new product key if its for home use. She said you can only install it on one computer and that is it... Any help or is this just me talkin?

Microsoft will tell you that - thye are wrong in the UK atleast - as long as you never use more than one installation at once you can install it as many times as you want.

But you can install it, call them and just say because their software is so crap you needed to reinstall when you get put through to an operator. They should be used to hearing that one.

yeah, they harass me about mine because i've had to reinstall many times, but i just tell them it sucks, and give me the activation code

You know what gets the going the best, demanding they disclose all data pertaining to you that they have.

They get confussed and say they don't have any, if you push the matter they then say you can't have it. Then you say im legally entitled to it - or are you just going to give me the code. They give you the code. Granted I was just putting the wind up them. But it was satisfying.

From what I hear, when you install 3 or more new key components on your computer (motherboard, cpu, etc) your XP will require you to re-activate, in which case you call microsoft and tell them so they can give you a new valid product key.

:)

I wipe my hard drive and do a fresh install of windows when ever I change major hardware like that. I have never had a problem when doing any of my installs after wiping the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom