Built Comp, Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Baseband Member
I built my entire comp last night, hooked everything up and everything. Now what do I do... I know I have to turn it on and make sure everything works and then setup the BIOS correct? After that what do I do? Install the software that game with the motherboard? Install the software that came with the CD-ROM? Install the software that came with the Floppy? Install the software that came with the hardrive (partition and format)? Install the OS? Damn, could someone please walk me through the order in which I need to do things in order for it to put me on my desktop so I can begin with a new comp? I am going to be running Window XP Home Edition, if anyone needed that. Thanks!

Turn on your machine, set the BIOS to boot from CD

Insert your Windows Disc and reboot.

Install windows

Install Graphics drivers

Install whatever else

Game till you drop.

nice thank you

before i install the graphics card card (like the first time i turn on the computer) can i have my monitor hooked to it or does the monitor need to be hooked to the mother board?

You put the monitor directly on your graphics card, the one on your mobo will be disabled when it detects a card.

wait, but the drivers for the CD-ROM don't have to be installed for it to install the OS?

Nope when windows starts to copy drivers to a location in order to install itself some basic disc drivers are used.

Don't worry, it will all work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom