Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundgarden

In Runtime
Is there ANY POSSIBLE way that I can change my video card on my notebook pc.

Or is there any way that i can increase the video performance of my current video card.

It highly depends on your notebook, but most likely there is nothing you can do.. Normally notebooks aren't upgradeable to any large extent. Most of the time the best you can do is memory and maybe hard drive.

It would, however, help to know exactly what notebook you have (Make and Model).

Alexander

agreed,..current gaming laptops have upgradable graphics. heres not much you can do with older notebooks.

I have a toshba satellite A15.

The video card is a Trident CyberAladdin-T
(Its built into the motherboard so i guess i cant change it)

Is there options i can change to make the video performance better.

I got it as a gift and it doesn't really suite my needs. I work with a lot of graphics and 3D programs (3Ds Max). I also play a lot of games. So I really need a way to increase video performance.

I pretty sure it is on an AGP bus.

Please give me any suggestions as how to increase video performance.

Is there any pc cards i can get to increase its performance.

soundgarden said:
I have 512 mb ram for the system and 64 mb ram for the video card. Isn't that enough?

That is enough system RAM, but that 64MB of VRAM is shared with your system (Trident vid cards are on mobo shared memory graphics processors). Major slow down. Im sorry to say, but you are stuck with what you have video card wise.

I just took a look at the specs on that system and there is nothing you can do to increase video performance. You can't really even go over 1024x768 resolution without having refresh rate problems. That system isn't made for video intensive applications. It's a workstation PC. Sorry..

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom