Choosing a Graphics Card....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Right folks, the time draws near, both armies can smell the death in the air. Well, they can smell the putrid stink of my old graphics card, the dreaded FX 5700 LE, true, it has served me well but now its time is at end. Now, onto the real world. Thing is i'm upgrading my card so i need 'yall to help me make a desciscion. I could really do with a Poll right now but Gamespy has them completey Fux0red so i can't. Anyway, here is the lists of cards i am considering (and can afford)

My MAX price limit is £200 (English Sterling), which is $383(USD), $460(CAD) and $491(AUD)

So, here are the choices (all cards are AGP)

(1) BFG TECH GEFORCE 128mb 6600 GT - £200

(2) Saphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro - £150

(3) XFX Geforce 6800 128mb - £214

Folks, please comment on why you would pick which one and its pros/cons. Your help is really needed,

Cheers, Ali, aka Diabetic Dude

I don't even know why the ATi card is in that poll, LOL. Now, i have heard that the 6600GT beats the regular 6800 in benchmarks, but i personally have a 6800 and love it.

You can get the 6800GT with that high a budget, I am sure you can shell out another $10-20... I dont know what that is in euro though.

I have the XFX 6800 and love it, but if you can afford the gt than get that. but those prices are a bit too much for what you can get them for. Try www.overclockers.co.uk I brought my pc from there.

I bought my 6800 GT from overclockers.co.uk because it was the cheapest i could find but i'm very happy with it. No problems with the card or the website etc.

Trifid said:
I have the XFX 6800 and love it, but if you can afford the gt than get that. but those prices are a bit too much for what you can get them for. Try www.overclockers.co.uk I brought my pc from there.

Thats an amazing site. Cheers :D :D :D :D :D

Well, gonna buy the 6800 GT folks, thxs for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom