laptop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirem

In Runtime
I know laptops are preety hard for repair but I was wondering if anyone was in theknow. I have an IBM 760XL. I bought it at a computer junk store which is probably part of the reason it's broken. (I've boughten other laptops from there that had no video.. the only problem was the monitor wasn't hooked up!)
It seems to have a power problem. It usually (not always) won't turn on if the power pack is not in. Sometimes it dosn't turn on with the power supply. Inside the computer you can push the power supply up and down to keep the charge. (I have a pice of cardboard to make sure it dosn't wiggle) When it does turn on it usually gets a little bit past the windows 95 boot screen, then it dies. I'm preety sure that the main power supply that goes to the motherboard it loose, but im not sure.

If anyone knows or thinks they know what the problem is please post back.

(the battery does hold its charge and the ad adapter does send power. I checked with a voltometer)

Well my friend has been able revive some of these junk computers from the dead... but he can't help me over the phones so im guessing I can get it to work. Mayber with a sodering iron tho...

my pc has a big black mark on it because I left the mouse under it when it was being carried around is there any way to fix it without just waiting for little dots of colour to come through which seems to be working but will take ages and the person who bought it is seriously annoyed.

a black dot on the, case or a mis-colored-pixle on the screen? LCD are sensitive, and i don't think it can be fixed.

If its a dead pixel they can't fix it. As they would have to dismantle the active matrix which would be a little difficult (impossible).

If its a black mark on your case how did the mouse make it?

Or you could flog it to a member of the computer illiterate.

"Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, step right up. Here for your amasement, featuring new black spot technology, this unbelieveably priced monitor. Plays movies, games and much much more all around the revolutionary black spot technology."

lol ok ok that narutos pretty cool but I cant see it which channel is it on and when? umm my mouse icon can pass under it and there are pixel clumps shining through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom