AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigdawgjts2663 said:
A processor usualy lasts 1,000,000 hours, or 114 years (approx.),

you said "usually" and then "approx" lol...kind of odd. but i have a ?

Are those tests run at default everything? And does the time frame differ for Mobile chips? It can't be the same for EVERY chip i'm sure. Some run theres a 2.2v, others downclock and run at 1.4v...it's hard to believe both would live around the same length of time. I know my grandpa will be keeping his 600MHz Vectra until he dies, he knows nothing about computers past checking your e-mail,0ssurfing the web, and chatting on MSN, he could want it to last him another 30yrs. if he lives that long. But it's not overclocked so no worries i think.

quote:Originally posted by bigdawgjts2663
A processor usualy lasts 1,000,000 hours, or 114 years (approx.),

and how do we know that is true because computers haven't even existed 114 years.

Probably because they can put a certain amount of stress on a processor to simulate years of usage. Then make an educated guess as to how long the average processor will last.

They know the half-life of elements that are millions of years. They know this because they can look at the amount of radiation given off of an element for a short period of time to find out how long is needed to reach the half life.

ReverseFluxx said:
They know the half-life of elements that are millions of years. They know this because they can look at the amount of radiation given off of an element for a short period of time to find out how long is needed to reach the half life.

that must be a REAAALLLYYYY small level of radiation.

Yea, it's just science, and educated guess at how long the processor can last, they put normal stress, as an average of daily usage, then take note of the detereration of the componets of the chip, then make a guess, exactly what Rizinc4 said.

pentiums and amd have about the same performance rating but pentium is easier to overclock and can be forced to do much more than amd can, amd on the other hand, although not haveing the overclocking capabilitys that pentiums do are generaly more stable when overclocked, than pentiums are, thus why they are a frequent choise for gaming.

180Mhz said:
but pentium is easier to overclock and can be forced to do much more than amd can

well i dunno. personally i think an AMD Mobile chip is so much easier to overclock because i've used it for a long time. you don't have to mess with ratios, you're fully unlocked...i jsut think it's easier. some Intel chips are great ocers, some aren't, same with AMD. i've seen 1000MHz+ overclocks on both.

4W4K3 said:
that must be a REAAALLLYYYY small level of radiation.

Yea, half-life can only br traced to about ten thousands years, but really, that has nothing to do with a processor, more with isotopes, and elements, and stuff. It's like ou find the half-life of an element, say the half life is 10 years, then in ten years, there will be 50% of the mother isotope left, and 50% of the daughter isotope in the element. Every half-life it cuts the mother isotope in half. That is why Earth's core can never cool off or stop, it is based upon, or working on half life, and if you half something, you can keep on halfing it, it never ends. So really, processors aren't based on half life, because it isn't an element. LOL, and plus half-life usually, over a certain amount of years, produces a new element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom