Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Tearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibur

Beta member
I seem to be getting ALOT of tearing in my graphics when i run my games. I can't seem to figure out the problem.

System Specs.
-DirectX 9c
-Lastest ATI Drivers Installed
-AGP 8x Enabled
-Asus P4P800 SE Motherboard
-P4 2.6 Processor
-512 MB RAM

Even with my in game graphics turned down to the lowest still doesn't help at all.

Any Help at all would be greatly appreciated.

check your heatsink, if its to hot then you may want to swithc to a better cooler, or if it was like mine (xfx 5200) with no cooler you may want to add a cooling fan. also you may want to add more memory to your agp architecture memory from the bios.

When you say tearing do you mean artifacting, or that the images almost seperates at certain points sometimes? It is is the second, then just enable Vsync and the problem will dissapear. It will keep the framerate maximum at the current refresh rate.

Yup...agree. Most likely the issue is either Vsync, which you can turn on in most games via options or it is overheating. Try turning on Vsync first.

sounds like a diagnostics problem,heres how to test it

1.Go to the control panel and select "system"

2.Then go to to "device manager" at the top

3.Click on "display adapters"(under display adapters it should say your video card,then click on it)

4.And some where at the top of that window it should say "diagnostics" click on it

5.There will be a little box with all the diagnostics tests click on one of them and hit "run test"

6.It will do a bunch of weird patterns and stuff DONT BE ALARMED
once its finshed a window will pop up saying if it passed or not

7.Run all of theese tests IF ONE FAILS RELOAD YOUR VIDEO DRIVERS

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom