AGP card running in PCI mode, WTF?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
Ok, I have had a slew of driver problems while getting my comp up and running with my new epox 8rda3i mobo.
for some reason, I had to put a PCI card in to load windows( the comp wouldn't even post, same thing happened on my Soyo dragon ultra) after windows was loaded, I took the pci card out(ATI 7500) and put in my FX 5900xt. I finally got the latest drivers installed (after much frustration) but I tried to play HW2 and it said my card was running in PCI mode. I go to the nvidia display options, and under the tab geforce 5900xt, in the adapter information it says: bus PCI x0
also, my card is on IRQ 19.
this has never happened to me before. If you guys need any other kind of Info, let me know.

here is a picture of what I am talking about

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/soloman02/fxprob.jpg

Go into your bios and check in your video and make sure it is VGA.I would like to be more specific but don't know your bios.Well you may have to look around and if you have a motherboard book it would help.

I'd say it's either what splatoid suggested and that you currently have your primary display as PCI instead of AGP, OR you haven't installed the actual AGP Slot drivers AGP 3.0 You need to install the drivers for the actual slot, THEN the display drivers for it to work correctly

Nubius is refering to your Motherboard Chipset drivers.Thats somthing that needs done when your Operating System is freshly installed.The BIOS setting is probably where your problems lies as far as booting with the AGP card installed configure your BIOS in advanced settings Primary Video Adapter [VGA AGP] .
If you encounter strange little problems/shutdowns/freezeups etc... I would Re-format and fresh install again with the AGP card .

Reposting this to explain clearer.. AGP will show up as PCI x0 on some boards and thats normal, depending on where you see it... however, run dxdiag and see if the AGP texture acc is on. Also install the MBD drivers (example Via 4 n 1)_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom