Rebooting???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basementman

Solid State Member
Everytime I run to many tasks or having a demanding program opening which is using a lot of memory my system suddenly reboots. I'm using XP Pro.

I checked my bios and my fan's are running at 55c and all the overheat reboot options are disabled. (btw if they were enable the processor would have to reach 85c to reboot) so i don't think overheating is the problem. anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this? how to fix it?
thanks in advance

512 ddr333 ram
amd athlon xp 2000+
Soltek sl-75drv5 mobo
maxtor 40 gig 7200 rpm hd
ati radeon 8500 128ddr

that happened to me with a stick of 256MB Pc-133. Most of the time it means that you Mobo doesn't like the size/type of the stick, or the RAM bay is screwy.

i did that ram scan for 45 minutes before i closed it and there were no errors.. although i didn't have time to let it finish.

i just installed pc chilling (virus program) and updated it and everytime i scan it reboots at some point during the scan. i've tried in safe mode but it won't let me scan in safe mode.
could this possibly be a virus?

no i shutdown my computer for an hour or two, then tried another scan and it finally worked without decting a virus. i tried changed my fans to see if it is not cooling enough, but its still rebooting. its probably the ram but i've never had problems before and i've had this system for almost a year now. i just recently formated too.

hmm.. true but i'm pretty confident it isnt a virus. before I switched fans I was using a volcano 7 fan (which is better), and now i'm using the default fan that comes with the processor. So far it has only rebooted 3 times, but then again i haven't put much demand on my system. do you think that it is overheating or is it the ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom