Extreamly Bizzare Video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I didnt try the original driver that comes with the Video card, it was ment for windows 98 there are other drivers available for this video card but all give a mesege in the middle of the instalation that the driver is not win xp compatible and that the computer might not function corectly after instalation

I think the only solution here is to switch to a good but inexpensive card, im thinking Ge Force 2 Pro 64meg

Seems like you may have used the Micro$oft-supplied driver. Run the latest official Detonators (29.42) is all I can say for now, and ignore the error messages. I've installed betas on my Gainward GeForce3 without a hitch.

Don't switch; there's still some life in that Gladiac. ;)

I hope so :D

I am curently using Nvidia detonators, Im going to see what happens by using the ELSA drivers

If that doesnt work I would try giving the proc a slight volt boost, and if that didn't work, move it up another notch. If that fails, try giving the memory a slight volt boost

The last thing you could probably do is flash the video card's BIOS, though I'm not sure if Elsa provides firmware updates.

I would also agree that the heat on the processor as a very real possablity and I would say if 45 C is the idle temp the load temp could be much higher than 55 C. Check this with a monitor like Mother Board Monitor or a similar program to be sure.

Chopper said:
If that doesnt work I would try giving the proc a slight volt boost, and if that didn't work, move it up another notch. If that fails, try giving the memory a slight volt boost

Is it safe to do this, cant I burn my video card by doing this, it seems that not eaven the old ELSA drivers did the trick, at least now the games are not reebooting the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom