Megadeth2 Needs a New Case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I hope this works just like it did for Nubius.

Here is the link.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-145-053&depa=1

The stock power supply by Powmax seems very nice and the power supply is my main concern. My current system peaks at 250 Watts according to a Moderator on a different forum.

The stock Powmax power supply has the following specs:
+3.3V = 26A
+5V = 35A
+12V = 15A
-12V = 0.8A
-5V = 0.5A
+5VSB= 2A
Is this PSU any good? Max Wattage is 450W. How does the case look? Is it good for the money?

Looks decent, but honestly for $37 I wouldn't expect much from the PSU. Generally the PSU's that come with cases are pretty crap and prone to wear out quickly and if they are throwing in a 450w power supply it's gotta be of really cheap quality youd think.

But ya never know, could wind up lasting for 5 years without a hitch. Sometimes could be luck of the draw. Other than that it looks cool

Yeah, PSU's that come with cheap priced Towers like that are the worst:( I paid $105 for my case that came with a 420watt and I wish I hadn't and wanna replace it come next upgrade:confused:

I would recommend you replace the PSU on that case if you can't find one without a unit, because I do think that case is a great deal, although you'll need more cooling:)

Aslong as you like the case and your willing to change out the PSU shortly then I would say go for it:)

I'm lovin' the case, man you have more amps on the +12v rail than I do (isn't hard to accomplish). Still it should be "ok" for just normal stuff and just a few (maybe 3 or 4 fans). It should hold you over until you get a new one... I would suggest this one (whatever color)- http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?DEPA=0

It has plenty of watts and especially alot of +12v amps. 35 to be exact.

Dont count on a cheap ass psu to get you buy, i tried that, and it blew a capacitor up, and i was lucky it didnt take anything with it. Be weary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom