Resolution screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guider

Solid State Member
I dropped my laptop a long time ago and broke the screen, I connected it to a monitor so I could useit

I recently took it usptairs and set it up, and I changed my resolution to like "1280x1024" or something....and now I can't see anyhting and I can't use it

I can move the mouse to the right and it will come on the screen, but I can't do anything

and I have no restore points even though I know I've set one

What can I do to change my resolution back on my monitor?

it used to happen to me when I put my resolution too high for my monitor and i went to safe mode and set it back to the lowest setting and it was fine. hmmm....the others might know how but the only other way i can think of is find someone with a monitor that supports 1280x1024 and set it lower.

willsko87 said:
it used to happen to me when I put my resolution too high for my monitor and i went to safe mode and set it back to the lowest setting and it was fine. hmmm....the others might know how but the only other way i can think of is find someone with a monitor that supports 1280x1024 and set it lower.

I tried the safe mode and changing to lowest setting thing, but it still didn't work

im not sure if this is the right combonation but i think it is, try pressing windows key + R + A + ; + E and enter, it should set it back to defualt frequency or somthing like that.

It's ok now, I sorted it out

I installed TightVNC, a remote server thing, so I could control this screen with another computer
I installed it in safemode, then isntalled it on my other laptop, then fixed it like that :)

thanks for your help though guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom