1st self build

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Insomniac

Solid State Member
Hi guys im new on the forum and i was just wondering what u thought of my system that i have built bearing in mind that im 15 and stuff such as an amd 64 werent possible for now but im upgrading to em soon heres the specs wat do u think?

AMD Athlon xp 3200+
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo
1gig samsung ddr 400
120gig samsung hdd
saphire x800xt platinum edition
lian li aluminium case
fsp 400 watt psu (with built in extractor fan)
2 front intake fans,1 fan at bak to take out air
vantec pci fan card.

so what do u guys think the x800xt and an extra 512mb ram i had this xmas and b4 that i had the fx5700 256mb and just 512 mb ddr400 but still all built myself.

you should be fine for quite a while. your graphics card should play any game for the next few years... atleast untill SLI becomes the norm. I would save up a while untill something doesnt suite your needs.

i agree with the above statement.

The only thing i would HIGHLY reccommend is getting two more fans for exhaust. It's much, MUCH better to have more exhaust than intake. If you stick with what you have in terms of fans, your PC will have more air pressure inside and burn faster then if you had more exhaust than intake.

If your two intake fans are 80MM, and your exhaust is 120MM, then add only one 80MM fan for exhaust and you should be fun.

i would put another exhaust fan in its just there is not another place to put one there is only one space at the back for a fan not 2 lol although there is plenty of room there or seems to be anyway.

you could always cut the hole yourself :D plus the other exhuast fan doesn't neccessarily mean it has to be in the back. it can be on the side or top. if you already have one in the back, put one on the side.

what size are your current fans?

hmm you said you would probaly upgrade to amd64 in time to come, just like to point out that if you do .... you will need a new motherboard aswell.

i suggest the MoBo i have, ABIT K8T800 Pro. on the AMD site, they reccommend that MoBo for AMD 64 3500+ all the way through AMD FX-55. so it'll last you a good while :)

also, if you have the cash, don't get the 3200+, get the 3500+ it's much much better.

yeah i know that i will need a new mobo aswel and i quite like the asus a8v deluxe and it isnt all that expensive either and it supports the a64 through to the a64fx aswel so thats good its just it doesnt have sli but im not too bothered about that at the moment also the fans that i am using at the moment ar 80mm and i havent done any case cutting etc before and i might make a mess of my case so i dont think i will be doing that either i might just end up getting a enw case to keep temps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom