Monitor image shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

crypted

Baseband Member
Any time my surround sound receiver is turned on, my monitors top section shakes some. The receiver is about two - three inches above the monitor. I have no other place to move it, so I'm looking for ideas on how to reflect the electrical charges at fault for this, if of course that is the reason? If anyone has an idea on how to solve this I'd appreciate it.

I have tried putting a sheet of foil underneath the receiver, but that didnt help.

Thanks in advance!

hmmm..how old is the speaker? what brand etc...I thought it standard for the speakers to come shielded now..maybe not. I have my subwoofer right next my monitor (leaning on it actually) and do not have any problems. What happens when you degauss will it go away then?

Ok, hate to sound stupid but I have to ask about that MuMetal....How large would a linear foot be, as it comes in linear ft. I need to cover about an area of about 14x10(inches) in space.

Sorry was out to lunch :)

there are precut sizes listed on their website. You may either want to get something close to what you looking for, or call or email them and see if they'll cut to size.

There is a list of things that could be wrong. If it's a CRT, tube could be loose, could be magnetism. Troubleshoot your problem. Post again if those don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom