codec for an avi file

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRecluse

In Runtime
I recorded a little video with a Logitech ClickSmart 310 camera that I got for free a while ago. The codec needed to play the video came in the software for the camera, so I don't know how to make it so others can watch the video?

I know the name of the codec, but I can't seem to find it online.. the fourcc code for it is SP54.

Or, how could I change the file format to a more compatible codec?

edit- I just realized this should have gone in a different forum. Sorry

no, your post is welcome here!
are we talking about a true .avi format? b/c that's pritty standard for MS users. i can view avi files after a fresh load of xp! ;) what are you after here? what info do you need... a few more details...

Roshi229 said:

The first result on this search worked, but the converted file had a huge ad in the middle.

Originally posted by Roshi229 are we talking about a true .avi format? b/c that's pritty standard for MS users. i can view avi files after a fresh load of xp! what are you after here? what info do you need... a few more details...

The codec the camera uses only shipped in a couple of cheap digital cameras. So I don't think it's a true .avi format.

Open the file in Windows media player and while it's playing go to save as and type .mpg, or .wmv after the name and tell it to save as all files. That works for me most of the time.

another item for your search, sometimes avi files are also known as mpg4, mp4 or mpeg-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom