Building M7NCD Biostar - problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took everything out but the CPU and HSF. No beeps... starting to think the mobo has a problem now...

that is a very weird problem. does the monitorm work on other computers? i would check the video card too. maybe the cpu is dead.

Thanks for the response.

Monitor works on another comp...
Video card should be fine; I keep neglecting to swap it with another to test.
I took this vid card out of one of my other comps (Geforce FX 5200) so I dunno. I figured it'd be fine.
I'm a procrastinator XD
I'll swap vid cards tomorrow (haha, I've probably said that about 5 times on here, and still haven't.)

I can't decide if its the CPU or Mobo... maybe even RAM.

My reasoning for it to be the mobo:
Even though everything lights up and spins and stuff, when I remove the RAM and the Video card then start it up, it does not beep.
I imagine this would also cause no monitor display, right?
Can power still flow through a dead mobo?

But then... the CPU could cause no display, but it doesn't appear to be damaged at all.
The motherboard I have has CPU Savior, so the comp would've turned off if it were too hot (I didn't smell anything frying anyway).

I've also heard that a PSU can cause problems if it isn't "AMD" compatible. I'm pretty sure it said AMD compatible when I ordered it with the case... I'll check it out again.

No beeps, No display, everything lights up, everything spins.

Argh.
I've never had problems building comps for other people... :(

I took the comp to a friend's house and tested the stuff on her computers
(All the comps I own are very old, thats why I was trying to build this one... )

It turned out to definitely be the motherboard or the CPU. Not the RAM.

I went to CompUSA and bought a new mobo -- Guru ABit

I put it all together and when I turned it on
I got the siren, all over again.

I guess its time for a new Processor. lol

This sucks. I could've bought a new Dell for the amount of money I'm spending building this one.

Maybe theres jumpers I have to set or something.

This motherboard is pretty cool. It has, obviously the system speaker, but it also has a little display on the bottom left that displays a number if something is wrong.
The number that it displays, according to the manual, means theres something up with the CPU Core Voltage.
Whatever that means.

Suggestions, anyone?

Attached is the little siren noise i've been speaking of (Zip file -- .wav)

Attachments

• comp.zip
    44.1 KB · Views: 2
yeah man. it sounds like your psu is fried. you might want to try it on another computer just to check it out. might want to get a better quality one from ANTEC.

PSU, really?

On the last motherboard I tried a different PSU (my friend's antec, actually) and it didn't do anything different...

oh ok. since you said that the problem might be the vcore voltage then i thought it would be the psu. it might be the ram though

The manual says "Check CPU Core Voltage"

I don't get a monitor display though so I can't get into BIOS to mess with that stuff...

How would I fix this core voltage thing?

I've been looking online all day to see if theres a jumper or something.
The Abit FAQ site isn't working right... Agh! XD

Would getting a new CPU fix anything? I'd hate to spend more money on this thing. lol

ok. have you tryed to strip down the whole system and start from scratch? just take everything out of the system peice by peice and put it all back together following the instructions on the motherboard manual. i think its the ram in your system. what kind is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom