First Boot-up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I wouldnt care about that 1 fan. Order another for like 6 bucks.

Oh and extremely nice computer you got there man! I'm so jealous.

Yeah, I'm going to recommend that especially since you are using a lot of energy draining equipment that you have at least 18 amps on your 12v rail, although 24 amps would probably be best.

If you have a 5v rail, at least 35 amps would be needed I'd say.

Output: +3.3V@15A, +5V@40A, +12V@19A, -5V@0.6A, -12V@0.6A, +5VSB@2A
Those are your rails, as you can see your 12v rail has an output of 19amps, which really is borderline in my opinion. When running an Athlon 64, it is recommended that your 12v rail be at least 18amps, but preferably 24amps. This is especially true since you have a ton of energy loading hardware hooked up to your computer.

If it works fine now though, that's good to hear, but still, 19amps is really pushing it.

OKay, would it be benefitial to disconnect my CDROM from the computer to conserve the 12v (If it takes 12).

Your fan is spiked (isnt ever gona work again unless u replace the transistor and resistor) wich is inside the fan. (not worth the time)

Problem:since the resistor is messed up its letting through to much electricty,then once it gos to through the transistor it throws tons of electricity through the wire back into the PSU creating a temporary short circut

Bottom line: Just get another fan ALSO this is potentialy dangerous to your hardware I stress that you take it out and buy a new fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom