PC won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-X

Beta member
Nothings shows up on the monitor and I don't hear no beeps. All the fans even the one on the video card work and the lights work aswell.

Athlon 64 3000+ 90nm
Chaintech vnf4 nforce4 zenith value edition for socket 939
Chaintech 6600gt pci-express
Seagate 80gb sata
rosewill cd-rw/dvd combo drive
samsung floppy drive 1.44mb
Kingwin Mutant X case with 420 power supply
Samsung syncmaster 793df 17 ich

I think and hoping its the power supply but not sure.
Also the power connector from the power supply doesn't cover up all the pin holes on the motherboard so maybe it get insufficent power, don't know if that will be a problem...

The beep the computer makes during startup is a signal that it has detected a working video card. I don't know anything about that motherboard, but I'm thinking it's a incompalibility issue, or a dead PCI Express slot.

Eep, just read the little edit, and that's probably the issue. Most motherboards are 20 pin connector, unless they are server motherboards in which case they'll have 24 pins. Power supply could indeed be the problem.

Then I'll try with a different power supply, thank you

If anyone has any any suggestions please post them

edit: just checked and it does have 24 pins so I have to buy a power supply that has 24 pin connector or what? Also can anyone tell me a good power supply that has 24 pins. thanks

If you aren't getting any beeps, it could very well be the mobo or the cpu also, so don't rule those out.

edit: just checked and it does have 24 pins so I have to buy a power supply that has 24 pin connector or what? Also can anyone tell me a good power supply that has 24 pins. thanks
Whoa hold up, you don't need an entirely new power supply, just buy a 20 to 24 pin power adapter, such as this one.

Yeah, and so you know when a computer doesn't beep that means there's a major hardware malfunction. Chances are it's not the video card simply because you get no beeps and no video. That's generally a sign of CPU or Mobo damage, but in this case yeah you should never try and power up a motherboard without the proper connection otherwise you can severely cause damage to it from underpowering it.

i think its the ram when i took the ram out of my sises computer to see what we had in it becuase we thought one wasnt working, i took them out to look at the stick er to see what size each one was when i put them back in i turned on the computer and and everything turned on fans ext. but no screen no beep so i move around the ram tried one at a time and on of the ram was currupted when i had put it back in to try one stick of ram at a time if u have two or bye another stick for testing u can always take it back if that is the problem im sure it is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom