Bad Sectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miCkz

Baseband Member
gosh. everytime i run my computer sometimes it ends up with giving errors.. or it boots up.. but even it does... there is so much of tick tick sound i get from my hdd while running installing copying anything... and then running bootable cd i scanned mah hardisk with surface.. it did find one bad sector and however it said it has been moved and it will not be used.. and i know once you get it is hard time to use your computer and thats what happening with me now... after even having surface scanned... it does same.. but hey it doesnt say anything while i format mah drive... and am so in trouble.. what i can do more? cant afford to buy new one :( though you people would say they are cheap now. SO ANSWERS?

If you think it is your hard drive, just buy another one. Hard Drives are cheap. If you don't want to reinstall everything, purchase the software called ghost and then copy the entire old hard drive image to the new hard drive.

grr.. :( Man i really cant afford.. and i guess if i am going to install and run this even for a bit long.. it gonna damage my all datas is it?? GRR which path i am on now.. :(

Did you do anything to the hard driv or is it deffective? Consider RMAing it.. call the company.

rmaing? what does it mean? and that's what the question.. how it has been covered with bad sectors.. when i did not really do anything.. just few days back.. i resetted my cmos.. nothing else.. it was all okay.. what could be the reasons? & is OUT of warranty. its of 20 Gb Seagate.

If it still has warrenty you should be able to RMA it.

Basicly you send it back to the company and they will either replace it or fix it... thats how you get the warrenty...

You would have to call them up and ask about it, though.

i meant to say its NOT i have just edited mah post.. it was typo mistake... sorry.

Oh Okay, Well then your stuck with it. :(

Either buy a new one or else your going to have to bare iwth it.

Also if more bad sectors keep appearing it can corrupt data.

alright.. thanks for your replies.. GOD Why this is happening with me now? :( .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom