660GT vs 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately...the 6600GT has DDR3 RAM which is much faster than the regular DDR on the 6600 RAMDAC. Remember, quality is always better than quantitiy.

6600 normal is designed with value, as are all of those kinds of cards. Not performance, even though there is some memory diff, the GT will easily out perform the other one.

one more thing ..... can this run the likes of HL2, Far Cry etc with highest settings at a reasonable fps or is that asking too much?

hell yes. I got one before christmas, and im running at 1024x768 the following settings for HL2

- Everything highest
- AA at 6x
- AF at 16x

This card performs brilliantly, esp. considering the price. I wouldn't call it a CHEAP card, but it WILL run all games today and into the future :)

nice one. Thats the main reason im building a games machine becuase my laptop (specs in sig) runs counter strike condition zero at an avergae of about 10 frames a seconds, and normaly lower. Ive brought HL2 but havent played it much because it hardly runs.

Plus the card is in my budget, didnt really wanna spend anymore than £150 on a graphics card, thats going to be the most expensive part in my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom