gaming notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul89

Baseband Member
Does anybody know of a good gaming notebook, that costs less than $1700 (+- a few bucks.) And what kind of processor should I get... an Intel M Centrino or an AMD M 64?
thanks

ps. I am currently inbetween a vicious pc notebook, or an Ibuypower notebook...are they anygood?

i would say they dont exist to be completley honest. They are just to compact and overheat really easy, im not sure if the alienware ones etc have ways of getting round this though...

from alienware --> "for an extra $500, we'll throw in a notepad cooler along with this nifty pen!"

figures as much from a crap company like them.. I'm always reading bad reviews.. yea there are good ones, but alienware really is a big corporate empire over anywho who even considers looking at them for a computer. You'll just get ripped off, and there's nothing they can do that anyone here on TF can't do for $500 less, etc.. screw the companies that steal others money, don't help support them.

id go with the ferrari... theres nothing but good stuff in that one. And it looks REALLY sleek too. Either the 3200 or the 3400 (previously posted) should suit you fine.

Also, i just found this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=34-115-172&depa=3
it looks good for gaming... i would only question the X600, because i really dont know how well its performs... i havent heard good stuff about it... but its gotta be better than a 9700 right??
BTW this one is cheaper too.

Alienware makes kickass notebooks made for gaming. And you can buy notebook coolers for cheap. If your looking for top-notch gaming notebooks check alienware out.

CyberPower probably runs the laptop gaming for cheap.

Sorry I dont have a link though, you can google it.

I have my custom laptop....stats are below. I got it for my birthday back in april... I forget the company... dist box or something.. really thin and powerful. I can run Half life 2 at 50-72 fps 800x600.

Raekwon said:
is that with max detail?

yea.. but it does get a little choppy when its on 1024x768 and it goes down to about 30-50 fps

on aquamark I get around 24000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom