ATI X850 a flop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius, no offense or anything, but the the X600 is a value card.
Megadeth, you are completely wrong here. The 6600 and the X600 were made to be one in the same, they are both the value cards. ATI Completely screwed up on that one so that the only thing to compare it would be the X700...this is known and many articles on it.

Anything below the 6600 would be the 6200 and that's the mainstream card which REALLY sucks for gaming.

Also look at the above article.

And just because the dude has the card doesn't mean he's spent time double checking against other cards now has he? If he can't compare other cards in his system then he's got nothing.

nubius, i used to own evga's 6800 ultra on agp. now that i bought the x850 xt pe on pci-e... the performance has literally doubled man. as much as this purchase hurt my wallet... it was worth it in the end. especially after overclocking this cat.

Nah ChipX, I believe that it beats out the AGP but I mean you need also an AGP version of Nvidias 'flagship' as they are calling the X850, that's what I'm saying. You definitely can't start comparing PCI-E to AGP.

I believe nvidias top card is the 6800UltraEE or something along those lines. I want to see that PCI-E VS the X850 but still the main point I'm saying is the compared to what they've already released it's not that big of an increase. It's a case of squeezing out 1FPS extra and knocking up the price considerably.

That's mainly what I'm pointing out in this situation, not the competition between nvidia and ATI

I know this thread is not about this specific card, but it seems to me as if the X800XL will become the best bang for the buck card...especially for the PCI-E folks. Check out the review here:

http://tech-report.com/reviews/2004q4/radeon-x800xl/index.x?pg=1

This card offers 6800 Ultra frame rates at a cost much lower than the 6800 GT. For those who think ATI is not on top of things, think again.

PS - I am not an NVidia or ATI fan as I have owned both.

Nubius said:
Nah ChipX, I believe that it beats out the AGP but I mean you need also an AGP version of Nvidias 'flagship' as they are calling the X850, that's what I'm saying. You definitely can't start comparing PCI-E to AGP.

I believe nvidias top card is the 6800UltraEE or something along those lines. I want to see that PCI-E VS the X850 but still the main point I'm saying is the compared to what they've already released it's not that big of an increase. It's a case of squeezing out 1FPS extra and knocking up the price considerably.

That's mainly what I'm pointing out in this situation, not the competition between nvidia and ATI

ya man. the 6800 ultra ee is the x800 xt pe's competitor. nvidia cant compete with the x850 xt pe on pci-e because they canceled their plans in hopes to bring a much more powerful card to the market in the future.

Megadeth2 said:
Nubius, that review is for the AGP version. Many people on various other forums have said that the Radeon X850... on PCIe will perform better than the AGP version because the PCIe version will be the first to utilize full or at least half of the PCIe 16x bandwith. The AGP version is a waste, but the PCIe version maybe worth it. However, it still doesn't justify the cost just like the 6800Ultra.

sorry if this has already been pointed out but I dont have time to read.

Well PCI-e has not been fully utilized, so even if they do get one on the market, there will be less performance because it's desgined a different way and very few computers have the ability to run them.

the x850 xt pe does in fact use up more resources than agp has to offer. check it man.

More rescources...thats a bad thing. The plain thing is, the thing is so overpriced for the 1 or 2 marks (in some cases even less) that it gives.

why do people argue about this stuff?
all of these cards will give you amazing framerates, and the difference is barely noticable even between a card that might give only half the frames

ok the X600 isn't that great a card when you're comparing to the 6800's, X800's and now X850's, but it's still descent, and it's still more than enough to play HL2 or Doom 3

GameGURU said:
More rescources...thats a bad thing. The plain thing is, the thing is so overpriced for the 1 or 2 marks (in some cases even less) that it gives.

check it man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom