Cracked CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Baseband Member
Okay, this is the first time building my comp and I will just cut to the chase. I put the cpu on the mobo correctly and everything. Properly attached the heatsink above it and realized that the manual calls for these to clips to be pulled to push the heatsink down so it is securly on the CPU. I did take some force to do this and i just want to make sure this didn't hurt my CPU. I have been woring about this for like 2 weeks because i am on vacation away from my comp. While doing this i never heard any cracking noises which is good. I just wanted to ask if some pressure is okay and necessary to pushing this clips on. Thanks... I hope i am ok...

Pressure is ok as long as the chip is locked in to the socket. It can't move once it is locked. It can't even go in any further so no pins can be bent and no damage to the surface or the die can be done. I'm sure you didn't damage your cpu.

i really appreciate the reply dude, u cant tell me how much u have relieved me thanks again. ur my hero :D

well if the computer turns on it's not cracked. About as easy as that to know if you've caused damage

Lol, I was also scared for this first build to turn this comp on, I thought it would explode or something. My new 6600gt hasnt come yet , so I'm using a radeon 7500 from old comp, No lag at all in lowest resolutions.

Don worry dude as long as u installed everything good then it should be fine. It seems like u did the correct installation so it should be good.

yeah dont worry about it. gougeing the mobo next to the socket clips in more common that a cracked chip, or chiped die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom