modding case..

Status
Not open for further replies.

crow0021

In Runtime
i bought a fan for the side of my case. tomorrow i will cut a hole and install it. just wondering what is the best spot to install. i was thinkin of putting it so it blows directly on my hsf. any thoughts...

crow0021 said:
i bought a fan for the side of my case. tomorrow i will cut a hole and install it. just wondering what is the best spot to install. i was thinkin of putting it so it blows directly on my hsf. any thoughts...

you mean on the case panel right? If you were talking a hole on the back of your case below PSU outlet i would say bad plan lol. But window fan right in front of the CPU is always a good spot. That or right in front of your AGP/PCI slots to help cool off your vid card if it gets hot. Then again RAM if you have it overclocked enough to where it gets hot. Just see which gets the hottest...and install it there. Or better yet make 3 holes!! lmao.

i just added a 80mm intake fan pointing at the hsf. low cfm, i think about 20. it doesn't do much at idle, but under load, it helps..

The top of the case is a very good place to put an exhaust fan because hot air rises, etc etc. I would recommend putting one there because then the same hot air wont be going through the cpu fan over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom