few cooling Qs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

traviswrx

In Runtime
Heys guys. I recently bought a raidmax cobra gaming case. It comes with two fans installed in the back, and is capable of 4 in front. It has a side fan already installed, so what im asking is
1. Should I use all 4 up front? and
2. Should the side fan be on exhaust or intake?

thanks guys.

Most of the time, gaming cases aren't very well designed... you should always have more fans taking air out of the case, than fans taking in air.

Well it depends on the size of the fans for one... and no, just for example... if they are all the same size, have at LEAST one more bringing air out. Having more intake can raise air pressure, and raise temps inside your case.

there 80mm fans. Hmm, why do they have 4 fan spots for the front then? Not doubting you at all, just questioning.

Yeah, I understand... Like I say, alot of "gaming" cases are poorly designed. Not saying your case is junk or anything! There aren't any places on the top, or sides for additional fans?

Well from what I understand (based on what you just said), there are 8 fans possible. 4 in the front, 2 in the back, and 1 on both the left and right side. If this is the situation, then put the 4 front ones blowing in, and the other 4 blowing out. If temps are an issue, simply shut or reverse a front fan and check the temps out then :). Not sure if your specs are listed... but if they aren't can you post em? I bet you can just save yourself the headache all together, you may not even need that many fans.

I dont have the specs infront of me, but it was all decent in march 2k4 and was I think 1200 or 1300 dollars with monitor and logitech speaker system. I think i only need 2 or 3 fans up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom