hurl.exe won't delete..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexterium

Baseband Member
I was on Amazon.com and I tried to DL a sample of a song and I got an exe file.. I am guessing that it is a virus. it is called hurl.exe and its location is my desktop, and when I try to delete it, it says it is in use by another program. I also tried to quarantine this file and it wouldn't work. Does anyone know what to do to delete this file? Thanks.

press crtl+alt+del to get into the task manager and end the process explorer.exe. Then in the task manager goto file>new task. Type in cmd for command prompt and delete the file. Then go back to the new task and re activat explorer!

Ive just been reading of new viruses and spyware that are inbeded into Mp3s and video files.

antirem said:
press crtl+alt+del to get into the task manager and end the process explorer.exe. Then in the task manager goto file>new task. Type in cmd for command prompt and delete the file. Then go back to the new task and re activat explorer!

Absolutely genius, did that and it worked man. Thanks. By the way, this was the only method that I tried so thank you to the rest of you too.

deleting the file is the problem! I can't from wherever I try. regedit doesn't do what you're saying it does in win98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom