SOLTEK "SL-K8TPro-939" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RET

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are planning to upgrade to AMD Athlon 64 939, I suggest you get the Abit AX8-3rd Eye, AX8, or AX8-V, which ever is in your budget. The AX8-V is the lowest priced and the AX8-3rd Eye is the highest priced. I believe the AX8-V comes around $99 and the AX8-3rd Eye goes for $145. There is no point in staying AGP; PCIe will take over. If you get AGP right now, then you will be stuck with a dieing platform and will eventually have to conduct an overhaul which will cost you more money in the long run. To answer your actual question, I'm not familiar and or so keen about Soltek. My two favorite brands are Abit or DFI when it comes to Intel or AMD.

Soltek is a nice brand. Theyre definately in the higher echelon of Motherboard makers. You got a nice board there, you won't be disappointed with Soltek. Just look at the reviews.

Oh and the Purple color scheme is pimp.

it'll take a while before PCI-E becomes completely standard and fully utilized. If it takes you about a year to upgrade then it doesn't matter if you get AGP right IMO because by the time PCI-E is really standard and your AGP 6600GT is the equivelant of a Gf2 today, then you'll be ready to upgrade anyway.

Besides with how powerful these cards are it'll still be a while before they become obsolete.

I probably will wait atleast a year before upgrading and then it'll be perfect time to get a 64bit system with PCI-E card.

Yeah, but Nubius. Think about it, the PCIe board costs as much as the AGP board. The PCIe version of the 6600GT costs $50, roughly, less than the AGP version. Everything is going for PCIe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom