Image Drive 7 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
I get this error message everytime I try to back up my hard drive:

driveimage7error3yp.jpg

I've Googled the missing file several times and concluded that it is definitely an issue with StyleXP. I had uninstalled StyleXP BEFORE I disabled the bootscreens. It turns out that before you uninstall, you have to access StyleXP and click on "Reset boot.ini" or something. So at least we know that this has to do with my boot.ini file.

One problem though, StyleXP really effed up my computer both when I installed and uninstalled it. I want to find a way to "reset" my boot.ini file WITHOUT reinstalling StyleXP. Thanks for the help :)

-Dan The Man

OK, I've posted a copy of my boot.ini file below and I see nothing about bootscreens in it :(

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

By the way, I have attempted to reinstall PQ Image Drive multiple times, but to no avail.

I think this may have something to do with a "kernel" file. I am not familliar with it and don't know how to retrieve it though.

-Dan The Man

Its "Drive Image", not "Image Drive" .. grrrrr :D

I would make sure the v2i service is running
start>run>services.msc

also check task manager

Try imaging from safe mode... might have to start the drive image service manually.

Make sure you are saving the image to a differnt volume than the one u are imaging.

You could try to boot drive image from the disc.

Maybe I should just switch to norton Ghost :) Can't wait to see what TheMajor says about THAT one :) HAHA!

-Dan The Man

I was just kidding! I don't like Norton Ghost because you can't backup while Windows is booted.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom