My First New Pc..Please Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the Winchester core (9nm) from the Athlon 64 3200 has the same performance than the Athlon 64 3500 using the Newcastle core? If the 3500 is faster even with the 13nm process, I'll go with the Athlon 64 3500 for $30 more. You don't want to go PCIe with dual channel memory support? Fast. I would use the 939 socket instead of the 754.

TRDCorolla1 said:
Do you think the Winchester core (9nm) from the Athlon 64 3200 has the same performance than the Athlon 64 3500 using the Newcastle core? If the 3500 is faster even with the 13nm process, I'll go with the Athlon 64 3500 for $30 more. You don't want to go PCIe with dual channel memory support? Fast. I would use the 939 socket instead of the 754.

They are talking OCing...... The smaller Winchester core runs cooler, so is better for OCing and being cheaper then the 3500+ so your getting a CPU just as fast if not faster.....

Nice choice in motherboards. However, tiger direct rips you off. I got my VNF3-250 and and AMD 3000+ for about $225 at www.newegg.com That was about 2 weeks ago, dont know if the prices have changed.

Look, if you want great performance now and probably still decent performance till the end of summer next year for a cheap price stick with the 754. I'm gonna come along a lot of money over next summer so I plan to buy a socket 939 then.

Also If your planning on getting an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, I'd instead look into a Nvidia 6600gt. Its around the same price (most likely cheaper) and it has way better performance. Believe me I spent months doing my research before I bought my comp.

sixpacgenius, can also benefit from this. Get a faster processor with the Athlon64 3200 Winchester and a 939 board. That will bump up your performance. That will do good for now until the next upgrade down the road.

Yeah, an overclocked 3200+ Winchester will be able to match if not beat out a 3500+ running at stock speeds any day, and will probably overclock a lot better than the 3500+ Newcastle core.

The 9600XT is a good card for the price right now, although if you have the extra money to spend I'd go with the 9800 Pro, still a really good card in my opinion.

If you can afford a better motherboard, preferably an abit, along with a 3200+ Winchester, two 512 sticks, and a 9800 Pro, you'll have a decent enough system for a good long while.

Also, why not invest a bit more in a serial ATA drive?

Check my sig out. Get a Msi K8n Neo2 and a 3200+ 90nm socket 939 you will be happy. Also get a Seagate Sata Drive with NCQ runs very fast in my system, i have a 160gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom