do you think macs are more stable than even Windows XP?

Are you cutting you landline for your Mobile

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a few months, when prices drop even more.

• Not until reception is better and I can get broadband internet on my mobile

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the most common problems on a PC is a corrupt dll file
i really want to learn more about Mac, EVERYBODY is saying they are easy to learn.
the OS X actually isolates the system files from all other parts of the Hard Drive, so even if a virus was created, it would be hard to make it infect the system files if it did get onto the hard drive

the only reason the mac os is so stable is because it sucks! they sacrifised all the cool options and abilities of Windows to make it more stable. i dont mind freezing up every once in a while for the coolness of and coustimibility of XP. i have allmost every component of stardock and makes everything so neat looking. i suggest it to everyone.
site = www.stardock.com

In my experience (which is extensive with both Mac's and PC's) I would have to say that Windows XP Pro is more stable than Mac OS X. Now if you take into consideration the ratio of malware and virus written for PC verses the Mac then it may seem that the PC is more unstable. However, if a larger percentage of the business world used Mac's you would see that the Mac is just as unstable as the PC. I agree that Mac being based in Unix gives it an edge but weve seen in the past that Unix has its weakness' too (the kernel bug for version 2.2.6) . I guess my key point is that Windows gets the brunt of malicious attacks because it is most popular in the computing world. This in turns makes it seem unstable.

I don't believe it to be so much the operating system that is unstable, as much as the files you put on it over time. I had Windows ME (I hate it) until recently. This ran file for the first year or so with few to no crashes at all. Over time, it began to slowly become more and more unstable (I had it for 4 years) until I was finally forced to format it since it would take about 10 seconds after startup to run out ram. Now that I have Windows 2000 on my computer, I have yet to crash the os except when I really mess something up in a program that I make, and even this is rare. I don't necessarily think that this is because of the os as much as it's about the amount of programs on here, and these programs are reliable. I believe the main effect a well developed os, such as Mac and Windows, is how it deals with these errors.

Gotta run,
WorrNemesis

Everytime I try to open photoshop or something of the sort (even some really old game) they always freeze! I've had them crash several times... I just hat macs in general. PC's can do everything a mac can do plus they have alot more upgrades.

OK everything under OSX is a F*CKING JOKE! No matter what those mac cult kids say. If we were still using mac0s9 id laff at you. Anyways yes I would agree that mac is better then windows. But I would counter with the fact that you can do way more things with mac. (look for programs out there, mac is getting better) The mac guys say mac is better because its based on unix....Why not just cutout the middle man?! Mac are always to costly, When the people say there getting the new mac for X 1000 dollars, I dont have the heart to tell them I could make it cheaper for pc. anyways theres my 2c worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom