My First New Pc..Please Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpacgenius

Baseband Member
Hey guys, this is my first time posting here . Ok, hers my dilema, im planning to build my very first pc very soon. OK!

Case: Diablo ATX Mid-Tower Case with 450Watt Power Supply, Front Neon Lights, Front USB and Audio

Motherboard and CPU: Chaintech VNF3-250 Socket 754 ATX Motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Processor

Hardrive: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model ST3160021A, OEM Drive Only

Memory: Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - Retail

DVD and CD Drive: BenQ DW1620 / 16x4x16x DVD±RW / 2.4x DVD+R DL / 40x24x40x CD-RW / Black / Sonic

Sound Card: Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 PCI Sound Card

Floppy Drive: Sony 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive

Video Card: Please help me find a ATI Radeon PRO for the cheapest price

Operating System" Probablly Windows XP Home

Mouse and Keyboard: Ill Just buy them from my local Radio Shack

Cooling: Ill Buy fans, please help look for cheap fans.

Basically I want you guys to look over my parts and see if they are all compatiable, also if you can find the parts for cheaper please tell me.

Thanks in advance

Hmm.. Guess you are on a strict budget ? What is it ? I would highly recommend using socket 939 over 754. Better performance and you will be able to upgrade it in the future. A good card for a budget system would be a Radeon 9600XT. Check pricewatch.com if you really wanna save some dough. If you can though, use newegg or zipzoomfly. Both are great. Since this is a budget rig i'm guessing, drop the 160GB HDD. Get a 80GB for now and upgrade later if needed. Nice burner, never heard that name brand but sounds nice. Maybe it's just me but I would recommend getting a second drive that's not a burner. A rom drive for either dvd or cd or both. They tend to read faster than the all in one deals and you would be able to copy other cd/dvd's easier with 2 drives. Other than that looks good.

Edit: Oh yea ! I almost forgot, Welcome to the Forums !

I'd say a 9600 Pro or XT would be appropriate..... Pro's go for around $125 and XT's $150 or under on newegg :confused:

I'm pretty sure you can do better than that for $1000. Look at the thread I posted, "I finally made up my mind."
That's what my new computer is going to look like and I'm quite sure it'll perform better than the one you are trying to build.

for less than 1000--as follows:
AMD 64 3400+ 939 Socket Pro.
ABIT mobo socket 939 w/ via chipset
4 case fans w/ blue led's by powmax
200 gig seagate barracuda @ 7200.8 RPM
Arctic cooling heatsink
eVGA nVidia 5700LE 256 MB Graphics card
Combo CD R/RW Drive
Sony Floppy
500 Watt Power supply Ultra that came w/ case
Corsair XMS Series 1x512 MB 184 Pin RAM

You cant get a 3400+ for socket 939 only the 3500+ which is the exact same thing but for socket 939.
Also i suggest you stay away from the nVidia 5700LE and get a bit more better card like a 9600XT or 9800Pro or even a 6600GT.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom