Where did my USB go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTalented

Beta member
I got an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 for Christmas. It came with an MSI K8T Neo2-F which isn't working like it should be. I've installed all the drivers that came with it and tried everyone on their site and still the USB ports don't work. The built in audio card doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Were the drivers you installed off the CD all bundled together? You made absolutely sure that both Audio and USB 2.0 drivers were installed? Have you gone to the device manager via right clicking my computer >properties and made sure it's recognized?

Thats the thing, it didn't come with USB drivers, nor audio, so it doesn't say that I've got either. The drivers it came with were RAID drivers, video drivers, and LAN drivers.

I find it hard to believe it didn't come with the drivers.

I recently put together a machine with the MSI Neo2-Platinum board, (basically same as yours except different chipset) but all the drivers are there on the disk they supply. Generally since yours is the VIA chipset they should have something called 4-in-1 drivers. Make sure when you install the drivers you look carefull and through all the tabs on the menu on the drivers CD that came with the board.

This is assuming you got a retail motherboard that came in a brand new box and all that.

If all else fails then hit up MSI's website and download em from there

Well I read through the K8T Neo 2 User's Guide and the pictures of the menu from the driver disc shows about 2 times more drivers than are on mine. I can explore the disc and find the USB 2.0 folder, but it says it can only run on SP1 and I've got SP2. I checked out their site and I cant find ANYTHING on my mobo in the downloads section. :(

are u sure that they are enabled in the BIOS, dont get SP2 myself and many of my friends had much problems playin games with it installed

Well, I finally got everything worked out, the ports werent turned on in the BIOS, thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom