AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939

Memory
Kingmax 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200

Graphics:
eVGA 6800GT PCI-E
or
BFG 6800GT PCI-E

Case
ASPIRE (Turbo Case)X-Superalien Blue Aluminum Server Case with 500W Power Supply, Model "ATXA6SW/500"

Cooling
ARCTIC-COOLING Freezer 64 CPU Cooler For Socket 754/939/940

CD
Plextor 12X DVD+/-RW Drive

HD
Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

I'm going with PCI-E Mobo w/ SLI option so I can upgrade more if I wanted to later. I'm just wondering if I should wait longer for more options or is this fine? And what's the difference between a L2 512k cache and an L2 1MB cache?

Total with everything:

Around 1500, which I think is a great price for the performance I'm going to get. (1/3 of which comes from the gfx card alone).

Thanks for your input.

im getting almost the same system xcept with 1gb ram and a 6600GT.

the 3200 is a good choice for the processsor cuz it overclocks really well. I would suggest 1gb of ram since it looks like this computer is for gaming

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a 6600GT as well. I'm still deciding on that since the 6800GT's for PCI-E are scarce.

As for the memory, I purposely got just 1x512MB so I can upgrade after I get more cash.

Well, I would get an AMD 64 3500+ @ 2.2 GHz for a little more (939 pin) w/ 2 GHz FSB, and then everything else look nice, just double check the compatbility :) I would also go for the 74 Gig 10K RPM drive, much faster, if you have a little more to spend. The more L2 cache you have the more your processor can store at the side for frequently used programs, so to speak, so the more L2 cacxhe you have the faster your processor can issue commands, but the L2 cache sits around the main processing unit, but L1 cache sits on the processor, so the more L1 cache = a lot more speed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom