OMG, this computer is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
It took me days before installing a windows xp on my old computers, and finally , when everything is done, windows xp loads and when it comes to load the desktop, before any icon appears, a message pops and says insufficient memory or something like that, it just flashes very fast and the computer restarts, and the same thing happens over and over. Sometimes it says disk error instead of insufficient memory, its just flashes very fast and the computer restarts at the same moment.
The thing is that I already had windows xp running on that computer before I formatted it. Why doesnt it work anymore? I didnt change ANYTHING!

maybe its blue screen'ing?

boot to safe mode, turn off automatically reboot after system failure in system properties, advanced tab, startup and recovery.

does your post show all your available memory?
Could be a problem with the user profile?

Yeah it may be bsod'n. I dont know if it is a default setting, but there is a option to reboot on bsod.

bro i had the same thing happen to me. so i know how pissed off u r.

i don't know if i can help but i'll try>
first off r u upgrading to xp from another os or r u installing xp from scratch?
try y-ping your hdd and starting from scratch.(i mean deleting everything)

Boot into safe mode if itll make it that far, then goto controll pannel then administrative tools then event viewer... might give some insite. Always check your logs sometimes she'll tell you just whats wrong with 'er.

Wow, thanks for the help guys. Looks like my cd was corrupt, i just used a the cd from my friend, reinstalled everything and it work very fine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom