xp reinstall problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjon

Beta member
my xp seems to be messed up and i want to do a clean install.
when i try to use the xp disc and it starts to boot up or i use win 95 boot disc, my keyboard won't work so i can hit any key. what am i doing wrong. i have done this before on other pc's.

him, is it a compaq? I know on some workstations they keylock on boot, you'll know if it does this because the num, caps and scroll lock will flash one at a time. try to also swap with the other ps2 port.

killians45 said:
him, is it a compaq? I know on some workstations they keylock on boot, you'll know if it does this because the num, caps and scroll lock will flash one at a time. try to also swap with the other ps2 port.

i did get the ps keyboard to work and i did the fdisk, but i couldn't figure out how to get rid of all the partitions so now i have three and i don't know how, but at least i got xp loaded on to drive c, where e came from i don't know and d apparently i didn't get deleted, cause all that junk is still on there that i wanted off. what do i type in run to get my other partitions off? i'm so confused now i cant think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom