First computer build ever just want to confirm that this is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
AMD 64 939 3200+ (going to OC to 2.4ghz)
ASUS A8N-SLI Delux
Seagate 80gig SATA hdd
512mb PC3200 Corsair/geil (Im not sure which to get cos they are both basically identical)
Thermaltake XaserV Wingo V7000D
Sparkle 6600GT PCI-E

Any comments are appricialted. Im also considering geting Kingmax memory cos i can get PC 3500 for less but their cos latency is 3 as opposed to the 2.5 of both the geil and corsair.

That all sounds good, if you can afford it get a bigger HD (like 120 or 160gb), you can also use the sli mode to add 2 good cards together which will kill any top line gfx card out now. also mabey you should consider 1gb of ram. :)

yea i presently can't afford the gig of ram but im gonna get it asap after i get the system. after i get the gig of ram im gonna get a raid 0 setup of 2 80gig and that will be ample space for me. with the gfx card im gonna get one 6600Gt now and when that gets slow im gonna get another. sound ok?

It hasn't failed me, and the timings were alright (2.5 6-3-3) I do really recomend getting the 1gb straight away, as with dual channel ram it would take up 2 slots on the motherboard, and when you get some more, that would take up the other 2 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom