I finally made up my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you going to do with it? i only have a 3.2ghz P4 and it does everything i need and then some, your 3200 will tromp my P4 out of the box, so the proc is great. the ram is good,mushkin, one gig still right? the harddrive is 7200 RPM and that's good for the size of it, even though it's an off brand. the video card is excellent! i think this comp will take anything you throw at it.

i was debating about the same thing (3200 or 3500)

i went and did some searching and the 3200 overclocks awesome and you can get it upto and past 3500.. Even close to 4000 speeds with adequate cooling

If you do get an AMD 3200+ could you ask them to get you a good stepping. Say you want one after week 35 if possible because the ones manufactured after that week perform much better then the old one which are before week 35. Also the ones before had memory controller issues but they have been fixed in the new chips.

Neosteve

Are there any other parts I could change to see the best performance?
I want to get the most out of my money because it has been some time since I've got a new computer.

onboard is just fine, being as quite a few add-in cards still use cpu cycles to process their sound(rip-offs)... i know this dig against onboard sound doesnt apply to me being as the nf7-s has amazing onboard sound... but ive never really found the necessity to go for sound add-in cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom