usb 2.0 wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
i have an external hard drive enclosure that works with usb 2.0. i am currently using it on a regular usb connection because i cant get my 2.0 to work. the pci card is connected and it says its working but when i plug anything into it it doesnt work. doesnt even show its connected. i was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so how to fix it.

You can try reinstalling the driver(s) and see if that helps. If your USB 2.0 card didn't come with any drivers, just shut off your PC, open your case, unplug your card, and plug it back into another PCI slot. If all else fails, just go to www.newegg.com or www.tigerdirect.com and purchase a new USB 2.0 card. Hope this helps.

-Dan The Man

ive tried uninstalling it and installing it again but that didnt help. thanks for trying though. if all else fails i guess i will get a new usb 2.0 card.

Go to device manager and there should be an exclamation mark by the USB section near the bottom. If there is, then let Windows download the driver for you. I have to do this everytime i reinstall XP for some reason ...

The OS for this computer is needed. XP with no SP1 or 2 will not load 2.0. You need SP1 or 2 for USB2.0

no it shows its installed and working properly, but i cant get anything to work on it not even usb 1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom